Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Disneyhiemland. (PIX)

Went to Disneyland for an early Birthday thingamajig for Mike :)

That place is 90% strollers. They should just call it Strollerland. They had stroller parking :| I'm never owning a stroller. I'll just duct tape my kids to my back, or teach them to hold on like monkeys/gorillas do. I also won't bring them to an amusement park when they can't even walk, or go on the rides.



I finally got to go on The Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. I've been wanting to for over a decade, ever since it came out really. I went the first time when I was still a little tot, and the actors running around scared the bejesus out of me, so we never went on it. Second time I went to Disneyland was 12th grade grad night, and it wasn't Halloween/Christmas yet so no TNBC :(

Everything on that ride was decked out in TNBC decorations. Yes, I went crazy. I was bouncing in my seat and Mike was laughing at me the whole time. We then went to the TNBC store, and I'm not sure if I regret going in or not. The merchandise is so expensive. They sold stuff that the Disney store doesn't put online, or even in stores, but I still could not afford it. Well, I could if I didn't want to eat for 2 weeks. So then I went hopping around the store squealing and picking up everything, just to find that I couldn't even get stickers. Hell, I couldn't even get a PILLOW.

After Mike laughing at me more and then dragging me out of the store before I stole everything, we went on the Buzz Lightyear ride. Twice. It was nearly 12am so the park was closing more or less, and the wait times were FIVE. MINUTES. Someone got 3 million points. I call hax. I did pretty well, 420,000 I think. Second time I did worse. Not sure how that happened. Mike got like a bizillion.

My second favorite ride was Roger Rabbit :D It's all neon and whacky. I only went on it the first time I went to Disneyland, because at grad night they closed ToonTown :(

I also never got my funnel cake. I never get my funnel cake :( 6 bucks for funnel cake! That's like seven dollars in Canada money. I guess that's one good reason to not live in Canada.

We went on Big Thunder Mountain. I must say that was the most comfortable ride I've ever been on. Mike's expression was slightly surprised the whole time, and from that I couldn't stop laughing the entire ride. It didn't help when he looked at me like, "the fuck you laughing for?" It was a "you had to be there" moment.

And then we went on Splash Mountain. At like 10pm. I couldn't have my glasses on so all the drops were surprises. I was also right in front. And then... wetness. Everywhere. Well actually just my face, knees and shoes. Do you know how awkward it is to walk when the knees of your jeans are wet?

On the top of the Mark Twain steam boat. Just some Bokeh :)

The only kid on the Cups having a fucking blast.

:D

The almost-birthday-boy :)

ToonTown! I totally thought the sky was fake. It's not.



Mark Twain

The other side of the Mark Twain.

Some bokeh of Autopia from the Railroad station.

AND THEN THE CASTLE. Took forever to find this shit, and it's in the middle!


6 comments:

  1. great pics :) i want to go to Disney, I love the Castle photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh.....Disneyland.

    I went almost three years ago when I was out that way for a scrapbooking convention. It was fun, but you are SOOO right, mega MEGA expensive.

    Ever been to Disney World? Multiply that park by about two and a half and that is "Magic Kingdom" in DW. And then add the other parks along with it and BOOM....you can't do everything on one week!!

    I really loved DL, though. But I totally agree with you....why pay all that fucking money for a kid that cannot even walk. Get a fucking babysitter, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Chomperpickles... Angela, your pictures!!!! AAHH!
    And hehehe, stroller parking =D
    I remember going to disneyland, for some reason it wasn't such a wonderful experience for me.
    My Mission:
    - Go back there and fix that failed first experience.

    And it's so true, their stuff are expensive! I'm sorry you couldn't even get stickers >.<

    I... I don't know what to do without stickers in my life :(

    But did you tell the people in the store/restaurant that Mike's birthday was very close? I'm not sure if it's weeks away, but a day or two away and you guys might've gotten a nice singing treat.

    I remember just the other day I was saying how you haven't posted for so long. Then Bam! ht me with 3 ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love disneyland :) i've been twice, once as an adult!

    so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to Disneyland yet but I will come to yet. It just seems so wonderful,that place :D


    awkwardteenageralert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go to Disneyland one day :)


    awkwardteenageralert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You're already at the end of the post, the big white box is right there, so empty and lonely, why not leave some love? :)