Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dying Star.

So, I'm pretty sure I just watched a star die.

And then come back to life.

But anyway. In the corner of my eye, I see this big twinkling light outside of my window in the sky. At first I thought it was this meteor that was supposed to pass through our area a few hours ago, but it wasn't moving. It looked like it was moving, but I think that's because I was staring at it so long. So then I thought it was a UFO! But that didn't last too long. Lol.

It looked like a burst of light, a few times the size of a normal star. It had little tints of orangeish-red color, and some blue and another color I oddly can't identify... o.O I've read stuff like this before, in books where they're trying to describe a color not known to man. I'm like, how can you not generalize a color? ROYGBIV, it's not hard! But then there's this star outside my window, and I can't tell if it was a purply, greenish, or yellow color. Maybe blue, I don't know, it was a really pretty color. Mostly it's orange though. Like in this article about dying stars with jellyfish rings (I know, it's weird).

So after looking at it for nearly an hour now (bed is for wimps!) it's gotten significantly smaller. It went from obvous-shiny-sparkly-thing-in-the-sky to a pin prick of twinkling light. And then it finally completely disappeared.

And now it's back. I think the clouds just got in the way, hard to tell, but it's still going in all of it's sparkly orange glory, just tinier. I wish I could stay up to watch it completely vanish, but alas I have school tomorrow :( And even worse, it's a pointless class I'm taking for extra units (and FAFSA cash, shhh lol) at freakin' 9 a.m.

LE SIGH.


4 comments:

  1. Nah, it wasn't moving out of place. It's gone tonight though.

    But I have seen a shooting star :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never seen one!!! ... you're lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh! They're really neat! But they're also really quick. Sometimes you can get a long one (that's what she said), but mostly they're too quick for you to notice at first.

    If you live in the city, it's much harder to see one. I saw a bunch when I went camping at Los Angeles National Forest (there's a post on that), and the camp grounds are 5k feet high in the mountains, so there's lack of city light.

    I've never seen so many stars XD

    ReplyDelete

You're already at the end of the post, the big white box is right there, so empty and lonely, why not leave some love? :)