Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Moments.

"The core of mans' spirit comes with new experiences." - Chris McCandles Into The Wild





Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.
Even if all those moments are different?
What if our moments change?
What happens when we have no more moments?

Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.
I remember our first moment. 
You were awkward, I was awkward.
But that soon changed dramatically.

We talked.
Oh, God, how we talked.
Endless. Forever. Unstoppable.
That was us.
Up so high, surrounded by everything on one side, 
and nothing on the other.

Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.
We talked for hours.
Standing, side by side. Never looking at the other.
Just talking. About everything, everything.
The most illogical things.
We were illogical.

Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.
Our second moment.
We sat above a world, right under our own.
Sitting, side by side. Never looking at the other.
Just talking, about how only a few feet below us,
everything is so different.

Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.
Our nights were mornings.
It was the end of the day,
but a fresh start to the night.
Night can hold so much more than the day.
And we filled ours to the brim.

Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.
It was late at night, almost morning.
We walked around like the world was our own.
Everyone tucked away in their perfect little houses,
completely oblivious to us living outside.
Neither of us can see, we're not sure where we're headed.

Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.
We sat under the stars, deep within the night.
Looking up at them, in their own little world.
We're so insignificant compared to them.
They'll never know we're here.
No one will ever know we're here.
We're isolated in the middle of town.

Every moment with you, is a moment I treasure.

What happens when we have no more moments? 
We'll always have these moments to remember.
These were some of the greatest moments of my life.
Every moment with you, is a moment i treasure.

6 comments:

  1. This touches me - I'm not reading it, I'm feeling it.

    You write in a way that the reader relates it to their own experiences. That's what poetry is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Legacy :] I'm really glad that so many people are able to feel the emotions, not just read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good. To be honest with you, I hate poetry, I dunno why, it just bores me. But, this is... wow. It's really good. Definately made me want to finish reading it. It makes poetry seem less boring. Just your one poem changed my perspective on poetry.
    -Jodie
    Keep it up, Angela!
    (My bff's name is Angela. O.o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, to be honest, I hate most poetry too. All the stuff I ever read that's labeled as "poems" are crappy old verses from the 1800's or some new age writer over-doing the originality. None of my poems follow any sort of labeled poetry, I just write. Maybe that's why :] And glad to hear, woot!

    MWHAHAHA I'm spreading >:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, love it! Spreading like a virus or something, hehehe. I never even considered using poetry on my blog, and I love it. How odd how the mind categorizes things without a conscious thought. I think poetry is too... hidden for my blog though, mine is all about openness and I don't want people to try and search for meaning. I want to slap them in the face with it :) Keep on writing, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, my blog was going to start out as a poetry mostly blog, but I decided to spread out a little and so far it's much better :)

    ReplyDelete

You're already at the end of the post, the big white box is right there, so empty and lonely, why not leave some love? :)