Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beginning.

"Everything starts where it ends..." - Lovedrug Everything Starts Where It Ends


Found some new underground music today, one band being Lovedrug. This song is very calm, but very jolting, and if you listen to the lyrics close enough, or if they have a meaning to you, it can be pretty thought-provoking.

This whole song has me thinking, but this line in particular. For a while now, things have seemed to just drag on, endlessly. It's one thing after another, not a day goes by when there's something I should be doing, but am procrastinating. It's summer, give me a break, eh?

I'm 18, I'm starting life : college, job searching, driving classes, and it's all so overwhelming... I may not have the most busiest schedule, but most of the time it seems like I can't catch a break.
It gets tiring and a lot of the time, I just want to give up, or randomly produce magical powers so it can all be overwith sooner.

And while things are slowly getting shittier at home, doing adult-like things I don't want to be doing (working, driving classes...) I'm going to think of this quote. It's true, everything starts where it ends. It's a beginning to something new. A fresh start after a bad ending.

I'm not the kind of person who automatically becomes optomistic when I'm pissed off or annoyed, I need my venting time. But I'm pretty sure with the next shitty thing, I'll just think of this, and remember that something new will come out of this ending. Like my driving classes; I'm not looking forward to them, at least not yet, but pretty soon I'll be able to drive anywhere I want to, and won't have to rely on someone else to take me there.

I hope this helps some of you who are going through shitty times yourselves. If you don't think so with your certain situation, comment below and I'll see if I can find a way that it's a new beginning for you. :)

6 comments:

  1. Why do Love/Hate being a teenager?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do have bad grammar...? wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO. "Why do have bad grammar" But anyways, yeah... I suppose that a good beginning could come out of a bad ending. And the other way around. lolz
    -Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even get what they were asking... anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe for what reasons do you love and hate being a teenager? who knows?

    Good luck on your driving, I am in the same boat!

    Not sure if you have ever heard of Ayreon, but if you haven't you should check them out, I love human equation (most popular is "Day 11: Love" or "Day 3: Pain" and 0101001101 (I thin thats the right order... I just know it translates to Y )

    ReplyDelete

You're already at the end of the post, the big white box is right there, so empty and lonely, why not leave some love? :)