Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hopelessly.

"Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for." -  Anonymous



That one song,
that you play over and over and over,
it's stuck in your head,
reminds you of your secret lover.


I play that song over, and over, and over,
as some sort of false hope that it'll bring you closer to me.
You're so far away.


Feeding off every moment I get with you,
soaking it all up,
memorizing the sweet nothings you say,
to keep me sane while you've gone away.

I keep these moments tucked away,
deep inside, so they'll stay close to me.

We fool around,
you raise my hopes,
you let me down.
You keep doing this, you tease me.
It makes me wonder if you're scared to lose me.

I retreat back into my own little world,
keeping all of this secret from you.
I don't want to scare you away.
I don't want to lose you, too.

4 comments:

  1. I can totally identify. Definitely had a guy drag me along on and off for a year. Noo fun.

    Nice work, chick. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you *bows*
    And yeah, it's annoying. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - me too. Recently. I'm still torn between 'I miss you' and 'Glad to see the back of you'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, "glad to see the back of you". Nice one x] I think you can miss someone and still like to see them go.

    ReplyDelete

You're already at the end of the post, the big white box is right there, so empty and lonely, why not leave some love? :)