Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter. (PIX)

"Easter is not a time for groping through dusty, musty tomes or tombs to disprove spontaneous generation or even to prove life eternal. It is a day to fan the ashes of dead hope, a day to banish doubts and seek the slopes where the sun is rising, to revel in the faith that which transports us out of ourselves and the dead past into the vast and inviting unknown." - Author Unknown (As quoted in the Lewiston Tribune)



Ah, Easter. The day where you dye eggs, eat your weight in chocolate, and praise Jebus for rising from the dead.

Does that make him a zombie...?

Anyway. As most holidays in my house, tradition has died. No one came over to celebrate, the egg dye was shitty, and grandma burnt the ham. Still good, though.

My favorite part has to be dying the eggs. I love the colors. But no, we got some shitty metallic paint that made everything sticky and look cheap. Of course, they look nothing like the picture on the box. False advertising FTL. We dyed them anyway, though. Nothing was home-made except the potato salad, which is a shame. All store bought... Man, sometimes I really miss the old days.

As usual, I woke up and checked Facebook. A friend of mine posted as his status, "I love ressurection Sunday. My Lord Christ is risen."

To me, it means nothing. But sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to believe in something so strongly, as he does. With me, one thing could be true, and so could the other. And the next after that, who knows? No one. But for those who have a firm belief in something, I wonder how it feels, to just feel like you know this is right, at least for you.

Anyway, I took some pictures, and they all failed, so I spent all day trying to make them not look like fail. I think I did pretty well. I hope you enjoy these pictures of my failurtastic Easter :D

I told you, the eggs came out TERRIBLE. I want vivid colors, not pastel metallic shit!

We had more rabbits than I thought we did.

I call him the Devil Bunny.

Cute little glass pink bunny :)

The best part of Easter : Chocolate Bunny from Sees.



Now for the food, potato salad :)

Perogies! SO GOOD. They're like fried dumplings.
Last but not least, the ham! That grandma burned. But it was still delicious. Tasted like bacon. 

4 comments:

  1. The only good things to come from easter are; chocolate and holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE perogies! And I think the eggs look pretty cool. All swirly and whatnot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving love! Just stopping by from FTLOB...

    I am not a fan of Easter either; belief and faith have failed me, and I want no part of them now. But chocolate? Oh. Yes. Not so much on the burnt ham though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ham was actually quite delicious actually, even burnt. Gave it a nice flavor. Lol

    ReplyDelete

You're already at the end of the post, the big white box is right there, so empty and lonely, why not leave some love? :)